Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Populating entire list to Multiple Select Names

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

I want to populate the Entire List of Client Names provided in a List box or Checkbox so that I get the option to Multiple Select client names as Per need. I may choose 5 names or 10 names or 20 names as per the requirement. Can anyone assist me with this. 

File Attached Below which has the entire list of Client Names. 

4 REPLIES 4
apathetichell
19 - Altair

see attached - but note this creates 1,500 potential choices in your list box.

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

Hi. When running the application it is not making any change and just keeping the same output as in the .yxmd file.  Even if i am selecting only a single client name it does  not work. It is showing me the entire list and i can select multiple options also but not making any change. 

apathetichell
19 - Altair

did you run first and are you hitting the wand button? did you happen to change the filter or the action tool that feeds into the filter? Minor changes can throw those off. Please post screengrabs of those if you can but here is how the original looked:

2021-08-04 (2).png2021-08-04 (3).png

the action tool's replace a specific string must match exactly what is inside the parenthesis in the filter - including the ""s. Your description of whats happening makes me think your filter isn't working at all.  The app runs on my machine and filters properly so my hunch the problem is on the deployment to your actual data. The list box interface is working otherwise you'd mention that - so it has to be a change to the action/filter combo.

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

Hi. I did a little mistake. It worked perfectly fine. Thank you for assistance

Labels