Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Populate directory path from Tree action

DanielCarro
8 - Asteroid

Hi Guys,

Struggling to obtain the full path from the Tree action and to be inserted into the directory path

ayx13.JPG

ayx15.JPG

Kind Regards,

Dan

3 REPLIES 3
AndrewDMerrill
13 - Pulsar

The Tree Tool already outputs the full path for all "File System Directory" based selections. I don't think you want to use the Directory Tool after that though. I would either use the Folder Browse Tool with the Directory Tool, or the Tree Tool with something like Text Input Tool (with one column: [Fullpath] and one blank row). The Tree Tool via the Action Tool updates "Data" -> "r" -> "c" then use Text to Columns to Split on "\n" to rows. This will give you full path for all selections.

Screenshot.png

There might be a better way, or I might be misunderstanding what you're looking to accomplish. Either way, these are my current thoughts.

DanielCarro
8 - Asteroid

Hi Andrew,

I tried your approach but in my case the action tool gives me as default as ' Update Cell' instead of 'Update Value'. You understand what I want to achieve

AYX17.JPG

AYX18.JPG

AYX19.JPG

AndrewDMerrill
13 - Pulsar

Oh... If you are just doing a single selection, then you don't need the Text to Columns Tool at all. Also, the Update Cell is fine. To test, add a Browse Tool, go to "View" -> "Interface Designer" -> "Properties" (Gear Icon) -> check the box next to the Browse Tool to view output.

Finally run by clicking the wand next to "Run" button to "Run as Analytic App".

Screenshot.png

Labels