Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Populate directory path from Tree action

DanielCarro
8 - Asteroid

Hi Guys,

Struggling to obtain the full path from the Tree action and to be inserted into the directory path

ayx13.JPG

ayx15.JPG

Kind Regards,

Dan

3 REPLIES 3
CoG
13 - Pulsar

The Tree Tool already outputs the full path for all "File System Directory" based selections. I don't think you want to use the Directory Tool after that though. I would either use the Folder Browse Tool with the Directory Tool, or the Tree Tool with something like Text Input Tool (with one column: [Fullpath] and one blank row). The Tree Tool via the Action Tool updates "Data" -> "r" -> "c" then use Text to Columns to Split on "\n" to rows. This will give you full path for all selections.

Screenshot.png

There might be a better way, or I might be misunderstanding what you're looking to accomplish. Either way, these are my current thoughts.

DanielCarro
8 - Asteroid

Hi Andrew,

I tried your approach but in my case the action tool gives me as default as ' Update Cell' instead of 'Update Value'. You understand what I want to achieve

AYX17.JPG

AYX18.JPG

AYX19.JPG

CoG
13 - Pulsar

Oh... If you are just doing a single selection, then you don't need the Text to Columns Tool at all. Also, the Update Cell is fine. To test, add a Browse Tool, go to "View" -> "Interface Designer" -> "Properties" (Gear Icon) -> check the box next to the Browse Tool to view output.

Finally run by clicking the wand next to "Run" button to "Run as Analytic App".

Screenshot.png

Labels