Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Passing Value to Filter Through Listbox

hemant86
11 - Bolide

Hi Team,

I'm trying to pass value through listbox to a filter tool. Its working fine for me for the first 2 filter since I'm passing String value. But seem like values are not passed in the last filter (LOT). Looks like we need to apply some different logic for numbers passed to filter through list box. My requirement is user will select its combination and the available data as per the combination should be filtered. Attaching the workflow for your reference. Appreciate any help around this.

5 REPLIES 5
Rags1982
10 - Fireball

Hi @hemant86 

If you change the update tool for 'Select lot' to Update Value rather than the formula one, then tick the 'Replace a specific string' and remove everything apart from lotno, it will work ok. 

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

On List Boxes, Garett wrote an excellent piece here:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/List-Box-amp-Filter-Tool/td-p/...

Attaching his Word doc here as well for your ease of reference.

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
hemant86
11 - Bolide

Thanks @Rags1982 for your response. I had tried that earlier but it gives me parse error. so tried to use formula. I downloaded the workflow which you amended. and I see parse error at Select Lot Filter. Things are fine when I'm passing string value but it fails in case of numbers

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @hemant86 

When you use Update Value with Formula, you need to rebuild the entire string that you're replacing.   In Action(7) change the formula to 

"[Lot] In ("+[#1]+")"

resulting in [Lot] In ("1","3")

Your original would have resulted in just "1","3" which is not a valid filter string.  

Dan

hemant86
11 - Bolide

Hi @danilang Thanks for the solution. I had absolutely no idea about that. This works great. 

Labels