Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Parse Error at Char(603): Malformed If statement (Expression #1)

fagoagaf
6 - Meteoroid

I need help in fixing an error I'm seeing. Can you provide guidance?

iif([Total Days at Integrator's Warehouse]<=30,
[Days at Integrator's Warehouse for Calc Period]*(0.XXX/366)*[Unit PO Material Price]*[Qty for CoC],
iif([Total Days at Integrator's Warehouse]>30 and [Total Days at Integrator's Warehouse]<181,
[Days at Integrator's Warehouse for Calc Period]*(0.XXX/366)*[Unit PO Material Price]*[Qty for CoC],
iif([Total Days at Integrator's Warehouse]>=181,
((([Days at Integrator's Warehouse for Calc Period]-[days for higher rate]*(0.XXX/366)*[Unit PO Material Price]*[Qty for CoC]+[days for higher rate]*(0.XXX/366)*[Unit PO Material Price]*[Qty for CoC]))),0))

10 REPLIES 10
dougperez
12 - Quasar

Prueba esto:

iif([Total Days at Integrator's Warehouse]<=30,[Days at Integrator's Warehouse for Calc Period]*(0.XXX/366)*[Unit PO Material Price]*[Qty for CoC],
iif([Total Days at Integrator's Warehouse]>30 and [Total Days at Integrator's Warehouse]<181,[Days at Integrator's Warehouse for Calc Period]*(0.XXX/366)*[Unit PO Material Price]*[Qty for CoC],
iif([Total Days at Integrator's Warehouse]>=181,
(
(
(
[Days at Integrator's Warehouse for Calc Period]-[days for higher rate]*(0.XXX/366)*[Unit PO Material Price]*[Qty for CoC]+[days for higher rate]*(0.XXX/366)*[Unit PO Material Price]*[Qty for CoC]
)
)
),0)))

fagoagaf
6 - Meteoroid

When I try re-running the workflow, I still get a parse error at char(605):malformed if statement (expression #1). I see that the error is tied to this section of your recommendation:

(
(
(
[Days at Integrator's Warehouse for Calc Period]-[days for higher rate]*(0.066/366)*[Unit PO Material Price]*[Qty for CoC]+[days for higher rate]*(0.095/366)*[Unit PO Material Price]*[Qty for CoC]
)
)
),0)))

fagoagaf
6 - Meteoroid

I also see this message:

Formula: tried to apply numeric operator to string value

dougperez
12 - Quasar

All these fields are numerical?

Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

Hi @fagoagaf 

The formula fix that @dougperez provided is correct. The reason you are still getting an error is because one of the fields in your formula is stored as a string and needs to be converted to a numeric type (double, int64, etc.). Once you correct this, the formula will work as expected. Just drop a Select tool on the canvas before the Formula tool and flip the data type over to Double. 

Maskell_Rascal_0-1631218036184.png

Maskell_Rascal_2-1631218067878.png

Hope that helps

Cheers!

Phil

fagoagaf
6 - Meteoroid

Yes. They are.

fagoagaf
6 - Meteoroid

I did apply the suggestions you made, but I'm getting a parse error at (485): formula tried to apply numeric operator to string value (expression #1)

dougperez
12 - Quasar

Can you show the select tool before this formula?

Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

@fagoagaf - as I stated before, one of your fields is not a numeric field but is instead a string. The error you are receiving can only happen when this applies. 

Based on your screenshot, the field in question is [days for higher rate]

Here is a screenshot where I was able to recreate the same problem because this field is stored as a string.

Maskell_Rascal_0-1631281774273.png

Maskell_Rascal_1-1631281785018.png

When I change this field to a double, the error goes away. 

Maskell_Rascal_2-1631281858946.png

Maskell_Rascal_3-1631281868857.png

Update you field type and you should be good. 

Thanks!

Phil

Labels