Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

POST API text Download tool

Abilasha
5 - Atom

Hello all, 

I have to publish a text format data to API. I did the same in POSTMAN and it works perfect. But in alteryx though it is successful the data is not published . 

Abilasha_0-1603078847933.pngAbilasha_1-1603078947236.png

The data is in text input with tab delimiter and line breaks and use the download tool to POST; the authorization login are given under Connection tab in Download tool.

Abilasha_2-1603079295144.png

Abilasha_3-1603079365568.png

Can someone point in the right direction. I know i am missing something. The same data is successfully uploaded through POSTMAN but not through Alteryx.

Thank you   

Abilasha_4-1603079406300.png

5 REPLIES 5
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

In POSTMAN, can you click on the "code" button right under the save button? You should be able to see the curl equivalent code which may point out a different syntax that is being used for the data. 

Abilasha
5 - Atom

Hi Brandon,

Yes i did do that. Also i found out that in data there are "&" which is breaking the text in between and only passing before that.

When i remove "&" in the data the publish is successful. But i need to have "&" to be sent as in data, there is URL field and it has "&" which has to be send as it. (eg: https://community.alteryx.com/?category.id=external&lang=en)

I am guessin alteryx is converting the txt as JSON maybe and & is considered a break, maybe..

Any idea of how to add exception in the Download Tool to accept/include "&" to push through the data without any issues.

Thank you

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/download-tool 

Can you uncheck the box for “Encode URL Text” and see if that works?

Abilasha
5 - Atom

Hi,

Sorry if it was not clear.. the URL is fine but the data is my concern.  One of my text field is "Link URL" like the below screenshot. I need to pass this field as it is and the "&" in these fields are causing issue. 

I cannt replace "&" in this field as it has to be there to read the URLs.

Abilasha_0-1603439964218.jpeg

Thank you

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Ah I see. Do you have the API documentation handy? Sometimes APIs do better when the data is sent up as a blob, or it could be that you are using a JSON content type to your point. If you have the documentation handy there might be something that points you to a change in a header or payload value to resolve this. 

Labels