Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Overwriting Formulas in Output Range

prakash-shetty
7 - Meteor

I have a workflow which overwrites the data in approx 250 files by using change entire path Output option. Problem is that when end user erroneously  update formula in the output range, Alteryx is not able to proceed with the updates & give an error "Unable to overwrite a cell that contains a formula".  Each time there is a formula in the range Alteryx stops & I need to manually delete the formulas from the output file and rerun the workflow. Considering the volumes of files and frequent intervention due to this error it is taking lot of time to execute Alteryx workflow. 

Do we have any option wherein Alteryx can overwrite the formulas in the data range or ignore the error & continue with data updation for rest of the files & provide with error log with list of files for data not updated due to this issue. 

I am attaching a simple workflow wherein output is getting updated to different test files. If you update formula in output range in any of the test files you should be able to see the error. 

12 REPLIES 12
prakash-shetty
7 - Meteor

Thanks @AkimasaKajitani  for all your help.  One more thing to highlight. In output files I don't see column header updated. I have tried unchecking "Skip Field Names" but still I don't see Column header updated in the output file. 

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @prakash-shetty 

I changed the Skip Field Names option from check to uncheck, it works well.

AkimasaKajitani_0-1625495109634.png

Output of checked

AkimasaKajitani_1-1625495219101.png

Output of Unchecked

AkimasaKajitani_2-1625495310467.png

Please use attached macro.

delrocd
5 - Atom

@AkimasaKajitani There are still errors. The macro does not ignore the errorCapture.PNG11Capture.PNG

Labels