Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output to Excel with Join L & J in different output tabs

tom05
6 - Meteoroid

I am running a reconciliation process and need to out put the data which has matched in the Join tool (J) and the data which has not matched in the Join tool (L). Is there a way to output this into the same Excel workbook but in different sheet?

To visualise this, attached is the join tool to two outputs. I would want the output to be the same Excel file but with the data across two tabs.

Thank you in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @tom05,

You would need to create a filepath (with sheet name) in a formula tool after the L and J anchors and use this as the file name to write out to.

Jonathan-Sherman_0-1601981404432.png

Jonathan-Sherman_1-1601981439128.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed.

Regards,

Jonathan

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @tom05 

You should be able to get it with what you are doing by mentioning different sheets in the output.

What the error you are getting. We can trouble shoot it for you.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @tom05 

I think a error like this. Which is file lock issue happens due to simultaneous file writing. 

atcodedog05_0-1601982390060.png

Can be fixed by using Block Until Done tool.

atcodedog05_1-1601982490908.png

Hope this helps 🙂

If this post helps you please mark it as solution. And give a like if you dont mind 😀👍

If the issue you are facing is something please do let us know.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help 🙂

Cheers and happy analyzing 😀

Labels