Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output file tabs

nataliad18
8 - Asteroid

No idea if this is possible... but it seems like such a straight forward thing, so i hope there is.

SO, here is the idea:

I need to create an output in excel with multiple tabs. The multiple tabs (and the amount of the tabs) is dependent on something earlier in the workflow, where i grouped by something. 

So, lets assume we have a column "country". If i did group by country, then in the summarise tool, i got for example:

France

America

Canada

Sweden

Japan

Can i link that summarise tool somehow to the output file (or reporting, or whatever it may be), to name the tabs accordingly? 

IF THAT IS POSSIBLE (then firstly, yay!), then 2nd question, is there a way to link the tab to the *correct* data? 

I.e earlier in the workflow i will have to separate all data for the 5 countries above, and i would need the output files tab name match the country data in the tab?

Thanks a million!
Natalia

3 REPLIES 3
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @nataliad18 yes it is possible have a look at this article which explains how to do it.

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Here's a very simple example for reference,

PhilipMannering_0-1682498881645.png

The trick is to create the filepath using the data. Then update the output file path in the Output Data Tool. The example should be easy to modify to your needs.

nataliad18
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @PhilipMannering - simple and clear :) 

Labels