Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Output Message on App Ran on Server - How to input field name in here

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

Hi,

Is it possible to create an output message and include a field name from within the workflow?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
wonka1234
10 - Fireball

Hi @ArnaldoSandoval  , i literally have a file name and trying to export it into the onsuccess part of a server run. This file name is not static and will change weekly, so it cannot be hardcoded.

ArnaldoSandoval
12 - Quasar

Hi @wonka1234 

• The screenshot below is the workflow writing the name of the file to the workflow messages log.

Workflow-messages-01.png

• The same screenshot shows the file name as you can see.
  • The screen shot below is where we configure the workflow event, notice the check box Enable Events is ticked, and there is an event: After Run: Email to xxxx (I obscured my email as it is not important for your solution)

Workflow-messages-02.png

• Now, the email template contains several predefined parameters, it has two main sections, the top-one where you configure the mail server (Your admin must assist you filling this info) the bottom-one is the email context itself, all those values were defaulted by alteryx

Workflow-messages-03.png

• There is not need to change them, but feel free to do it, once you understand this configuration better.
  • The final screen shot is the email I received.

Workflow-messages-04.png

Attached is the workflow I used without my mail server credentials.

Hope this helps,

Labels