Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output - Different tabs - Same file

Sarath27
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I have been struggling to achieve this output in many ways using render tool, but output doesn't come out well.

Please kindly assist me in achieving this, refer the attached workflow. 

14 REPLIES 14
binuacs
21 - Polaris

@Sarath27 In this method you cannot use block until done because the Excel is splitting based on the tab names. Can you share a sample file with the issues and expected output?

DanielG
12 - Quasar

@Sarath27 -- building off of @binuacs previous workflow, do you mean something like this.  This how I do it to avoid dealing with extra columns, etc.  The CountRecords basically resets the data and you drop the count in the append tool so it's like it never happened.  :)

DanielG
12 - Quasar

DanielGOutput.png

Sorry meant to attach the screenshot too

DanielG
12 - Quasar

You can create a more or less endless loop and make hundreds of sheets this way if you wanted to.  Block Until Done with Count Records/Append is my favorite way to deal with multiplesheet Excel outputs.  The Count Records drops all other columns so there is no need to reconfigure anything with a select, just de-select the Count field in the Append Tool and the second data set will pass through uninterrupted.  

Sarath27
8 - Asteroid

@DanielG Thanks much for your solution. It worked well.

Labels