Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Outlook 365 Input Tool - Download Attachments

GregCiul
Meteoroid

I am running 2022.3.1 Designer Desktop with version 1.1.0 of the Outlook 365 Input Tool.  Does the tool support downloading attachments from emails to a UNC network path?  I am able to save to my desktop mapped drive path (i.e., "O:\Alteryx\Email_Attachements\").

7 ANTWORTEN 7
Prometheus
Quasar

You can choose to download attachments and you can change the "Download To" path in the configuration window under the Data tab.

Outlook Input Config.PNG

GregCiul
Meteoroid

Yes, I am able to successfully download email attachments, but only to a mapped drive.  What I would like to do is utilize a UNC path (i.e., \\server_name\Alteryx\Email_Attachements\).

GregCiul
Meteoroid

When I use the UNC path to a shared network drive I receive the an error (Provided path '\\server_name\Share_Name\Alteryx\Email_Attachments\' does not exist, attachments will be downloaded in 'c:\Users\UserID\AppData\Local\Temp\Outlook 365'.  This is the %TEMP% path plus Outlook 365 directory.   I have issues saving Output Data files to the UNC path.  Is this a limitation of tool?

GregCiul
Meteoroid

My issue was with syntax.  Changing '\\server_name\Share_Name\Alteryx\Email_Attachments\'  to '//server_name/Share_Name/Alteryx/Email_Attachments'  resolved the issue.  Also note I had to remove spaces in the path.

Prometheus
Quasar

@GregCiul I'm glad it worked out for you. Thanks for posting your solution. I'm sure it'll be helpful to others.

VMuktevi
Atom

If you want to use UNC path, you can try using a mapped variable I think. As an example, %Temp must be an environment variable that was set during alteryx client installation. You can create similar %UNCPATH system variable on your drive and save the UNC path to that variable. 

VMuktevi
Atom

using UNC Path worked for me. I replaced the \ (back slash) with forward slash / and it worked without issue. didnt need to setup an environment variable

Beschriftungen