Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Outfile name from column?

horth007
7 - Meteor

Hello 

I am trying to create an .xlsx output file based on a column entry a file name. I tried several settings, but I cannot find the error? 

When running the flow no file was created... What I  have done:

- added my expected file name via formula tool to the data:

File name.png

- prepared a temp output file on my server

InkedOutput_LI.jpg

Does any one have an idea where the mistake is? or is the issue that have a three row output?

Thanks a lot

5 REPLIES 5
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@horth007 seems to be you are writing all the output in the same file and same sheet. what is the error you are getting?

horth007
7 - Meteor

I prepared manually the Excel file Temp with Sheet1.

I run the workflow and nothing happens, no adjusted Temp file nor a new created file...

Also Alteryx is not showing any error message

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@horth007 after you running the workflow click on the canvas and you will see link for the file created in the bottom output window. Can you check ?

horth007
7 - Meteor

@binuacs Thanks! At least I found the file :-) I checked this and the file was created as expected, but not in the folder as given:

I prepared the Temp file : Z:\Projects\EU\Alteryx\xxxxxxx xxxxx xxxxx\xxxxxx Verification results

and stored: Z:\Projects\EU\Alteryx\xxxxxxx xxxxx xxxxx

I will investigate this....

horth007
7 - Meteor

To close the loop; I missed to define the FullPath

// FullPath & FileName
"Z:\Projects\EU\Alteryx\xxxxxxx xxxxx xxxxx\xxxxxx Verification results\"

+[First_Pay Date] + " Pay Date run date " + DateTimeToday()+".xlsx"

//SheetName
+"|||Sheet1

Afterwards it is working as expected! 

Labels