Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Out of range value

ARaju2
7 - Meteor

Hi ,

I`m push a data from a table to another table.

However,

It gives me an error as below

"Tool #6 DataWrap2ODBC::SendBatch: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server][SQL Server]The conversion of a datetime2 data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range value.[Microsoft][ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server][SQL Server]The statement has been terminated.[Microsoft][ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server][SQL Server]The conversion of a datetime2 data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range value.[Microsoft][ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server][SQL Server]The statement has been terminated. Insert into"

What could be the reason of this error and how to solve it?

Thank You

2 REPLIES 2
jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

The error seems to be: 

The conversion of a datetime2 data type to a datetime data

At a guess the target table has a datetime based column. In SQL Server, these can only hold 1753-9999 as a year. I would expect you have some dates coming out which are before 1753. 

mkosmicki1
8 - Asteroid

@jdunkerley79 any idea how to resolve this? I do not have a way to change this as I am pulling data from the client's server.

Labels