Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Numbers versus Text Output

missteran
Météore

Hi looking for help. I'm trying to make a formula when the column New This Period = Y, then the column Net Change needs to be overridden to state "NA", else leave the number as is.

The problem I'm facing is that the output for the Net Change column is in Text format, I would like it to be in Number format instead.

In attempt to address this, I used the Select tool to change this Net Change column (before creating the formula) to a Double format. But then the problem i face here is that "NA" is a string, and the formula doesn't work until i try to change the "NA" to a Number - something like this: IF [New This Period]="Y" THEN ToNumber("N/A") ELSE [Net Change] ENDIF

but then N/A becomes null in the output. Any suggestions? I have the original and results im looking for below:

Original

New This PeriodNet Change

N

Y0
N3886.41
N29347.587
Y15
Y9

Results I'm looking for:

New This PeriodNet Change

N

YN/A
N          3886.41
N       29347.587
YN/A
YN/A
2 RÉPONSES 2
Raj
Aurore

hi, the thing you are trying to achieve is not possible as a column could not contain numbers and String in Double format

altough a alternative is attached below for reference.

missteran
Météore

Yes thats the same formula i did in my workflow and its just not giving me the formatted output I would like. I was trying to see if there was around this, but it looks like its not possible. Thanks for your help anyways.

Étiquettes