Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Next page token with Google Maps API error

ThomasHagen
7 - Meteor

Hi guys!

I have been struggling with the next page token on Google Maps' API, and it is really starting to frustrate me, so thought I might ask you for some help.

Firstly I downloaded the data from the URL: 

"......./maps/api/place/nearbysearch/json?location=59.9083080,10.7621380&radius=1000&type=dentist&key=[API_KEY]"

Secondly, I found the the next_page_token from the JSON Parse, and added the token to the end of my initial URL as follows:

"........maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/place/nearbysearch/json?location=59.9083080,10.7621380&radius=1000&type=dentist&key=[API_KEY]&pagetoken=[next_page_token]

Running the macro, the second download is returing INVALID REQUEST. Look at the pictures for workflow and output.

2 REPLIES 2
WilliamR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @ThomasHagen ,

is it a Google Map API limitation? Have you read this? https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Google-Maps-API-Next-Page-Token/td-p/4...

(If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.)

Tyler_Rooks
6 - Meteoroid

@ThomasHagen  Were you ever able to get this working?  I have built my macro pretty much exactly the same as you, but no luck with loading the 2nd page.  Just says "invalid request".

Thanks!

Labels