Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Needed Leading Zeros in the data feilds while saving the data in CSV format

Ram_RK
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

While I am saving the CSV format I am missing all the leading zeros added to the Data attributes, Since the data is huge I am using CSV format, 

Kindly help as I tried to convert V_String to String using Formulae tool its not helping out to save the data with leading zeros

For Ex Input file has field records like 

While saving in CSV output file I am getting like 

Kindly help for CSV format. 

11 REPLIES 11
apathetichell
19 - Altair

@Ram_RK - are you saying when you open the file in Notepad that you see the leading zeros? Again - not an Alteryx issue here - but if you are for some insane reason going to post process your csvs in excel and check for accuracy in excel which you know auto converts junk - prepend an apostrophe in your workflow. 

If you have an issue with Alteryx not producing the leading zeros - upload some samples - if not follow @cjaneczko 's instructions. You don't have a data issue - you have an excel/enduser issue.

Let me be clear - from a data ingestion standpoint 0000005558 and '0000005558 are not the same. if you ingest your data downstream in something real (ie excel is not real) you will screw up your ingestion system if you add the apostrophe's natively to your .csv files. if you know you are processing csvs of over 1mm records why would you check this in Excel? Ignore it. Load it in Polars locally - and see if you get the leading 0s.

Ram_RK
8 - Asteroid

thanks for the details. @cjaneczko  I will ensure the same. 

Labels