Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Need to split data based on Row value

Gsiva3
8 - Asteroid

I have input consisting of column named "Record ID, Field_1 and Result". Now in the result column I have "True and false" one time, another time I have "only false". Now my constrain is "If the result column contains both "True and False" I need all the row contents that are above "True". Whereas if the result column contains only "False" i need all the row contents irrespective of true or false. Can anyone please help to find a solution for this.

7 REPLIES 7
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Gsiva3 
I hope this is what you want. if you like accept it as the solution. Thanks.1012-Gsiva3.PNG

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @Gsiva3 , you can use filter tool for this apply filter on result and you will get the desired value.

grazitti_sapna_0-1602476635328.png

In my case I have used Result is true therefore 1 record in true anchor and rest in false anchor along with the row data.

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
Gsiva3
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Grazitti,

Thanks for the solution. But the thing is, when I have true in the result column, I need rows that are above "True". For example: if "row number 10" has true then I need rows above row number 10. Please help me with this.

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @Gsiva3 , now the workflow will return the 9 rows above 10 th row where the result is true and the rows after 10th row will fall under false condition.

grazitti_sapna_0-1602477882183.png

Is this what you are looking for?

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Gsiva3 
It seems that I have mis-interpretated you intention.

I made it dynamic so only ont output is present.

Revised my workflow, kindly check.

1012-Gsiva3-a.PNG

Gsiva3
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the solution. It works👍

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Gsiva3 
Thank you for the mark. much appreciated.

Labels