Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Need to repeat the same user-entered date for all the rows

Gandalf_NotGrey
8 - Asteroid

Hello, I have a workflow where I am taking two user inputs, first is a Bill Number and second is a Date. The user can enter multiple bill numbers separated by a semi-colon, but they only have to select one date, which will be the Month-Year for all those Bills.

How can I build that? Below is a view of what I am trying to do - 

User Inputs the Bill Number manually in the Text Box Tool and selects the Date from the Date Interface Tool 
Bill_NumDate
Bill_001;Bill_002;Bill_003;Bill_004:Bill_0051/1/2024

Above Date of 1/1/2024 is then copied to each Bill_Num, also the Bill_Num field is also vertical now, instead of Horizontal from before - 

Final Result 
Bill_NumDate
Bill_0011/1/2024
Bill_0021/1/2024
Bill_0031/1/2024
Bill_0041/1/2024
Bill_0051/1/2024

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Append Fields is your best friend here for when you need a value to repeats again and again for multiple rows! But doesn't this value cascade down anyways when you use a Split to Rows option for your data?

Gandalf_NotGrey
8 - Asteroid

Thanks so much @alexnajm 

Labels