Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Need to copy specific values from source spreadsheet to output spreadsheet

Lakshmikanth_2021
8 - Asteroid

There are two files: 

1. Source file

2. Output required 

From 'Source' file, I need to copy the values from B4 to B8 to the 'Output' spreadsheet B17 to B21

5 REPLIES 5
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @Lakshmikanth_2021 you can do that by using the following input configuration:

DataNath_0-1656229040525.png

DataNath_1-1656229097275.png

Followed by this Output Data configuration (output options - Overwrite sheet or range):

DataNath_2-1656229154324.pngDataNath_3-1656229173721.png

Result:

DataNath_4-1656229211055.png

Workflow attached, you'll just need to change the filepaths to your own of course.

Lakshmikanth_2021
8 - Asteroid

I have 2019 version of Alteryx. How can I use this version and find the solution

DataNath
17 - Castor

@Lakshmikanth_2021 I've never used the 2019 version and so I wasn't aware this feature isn't on there. If the interface doesn't come up to simply type in a range, can you not try manually just adding it to the end of the filepath of your input and output data tools, like so?

DataNath_0-1656593515269.png

If not I'm not familiar with that version so can't be much further help. Perhaps you could provide some screenshots of what the interface looks like? I'd imagine more experienced users may remember this but I'd be keen to see how they differed in terms of configuration and functionality. Why is it that you can't upgrade to the current/a later version?

Lakshmikanth_2021
8 - Asteroid

Thank you. This really helps. 

Also, For next step I need to write again the data to same sheet on the range B10 to B14. How can I write to the same file with out loosing the original data. 

DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @Lakshmikanth_2021 no worries! If you extend the range you have defined in the input to include those cells as well, then you can use a second output data tool to write to that other range. Make sure to use a ‘Block Until Done’ tool for your outputs, with the first range coming out of the top (1) anchor and the second coming out of (2), otherwise Alteryx will error out from trying to write to the same file simultaneously.

Labels