Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Need to Create Unique Column Based on Row Values

Fescobar
8 - Asteroid

Hello Community,

I hope that everyone is doing well.  

I have tried several variations of workflows that came to mind using the Cross Tab, Multi Row Formula, and even tried to trick the app into doing what I needed in "reverse" Transpose (I know...HUGE reach on this one).  

I need to be able to create one column for each item name on column A (sku_name).  The attached spreadsheet has my current format in the "Current" tab and what I need the result to be in the "Required" tab.

Any assistance on this will be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you,

Fausto

7 REPLIES 7
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Fescobar,

Is this what you were looking for?

IraWatt_0-1653502319050.png

Fescobar
8 - Asteroid

Hi .@IraWatt

Thank you for replying.  Yes, but the data under each product (sku_name) should only be the cur_price, 

Like this.Retailer File Requirement.jpg

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

No worries @Fescobar, the price is there. Do you want other columns headers other then the SKU? What data do you want under each of the SKU columns?

IraWatt_0-1653509352289.png

Fescobar
8 - Asteroid

Thanks again .@IraWatt

The only thing that should be under the product names i.e. Grey Goose Vodka (1.75L), Grand Marnier (750ml) should be the value for cur_price.   Everything else should be its own header.  Like this screenshot.Retailer File Requirement2.jpghe table below.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Ah nice ! @Fescobar  in that case all you need is cross tab :)

IraWatt_0-1653513890403.png

Fescobar
8 - Asteroid

@IraWatt 

This is so simple, that its SMOKING HOT!!!

Thank you!!

Fausto

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

No worries @Fescobar :D glad it worked for you ! 

Labels