Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Need help transposing data into columns from one column by finding duplicates

CHolston32
6 - Meteoroid

Hi -

As an example:
I have 10k rows of employees (email address as unique identifier in column A) that are placed into certain groups, in column B. Some of these employees are duplicates because they belong to more than one group. 

I need a workflow that will read Column A and search for duplicates and transpose the info in column B when it finds a duplicate. 

Output:
Every row is unique, Column A is email addresses, and Columns B...C....D....E so forth are the multiple groups any one employee may have.

Thank you! Urgency is appareciated!

5 REPLIES 5
JulioMO
9 - Comet

Hi @CHolston32,

The key Tool here is the Cross Tab Tool. 

I attach a workflow that performs what you want. 

Hope it helps!

Regards

CHolston32
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you! Trying this now, truly apreciate the workflow!!

CHolston32
6 - Meteoroid

Again thank you Julio! Looking at the Cross Tab tool, I think the workflow is "matching" the columns. But realistically, there are 45 groups and 3k+ employees so I cant have the groups across the columns and it "match" 😞 but instead, I DO KNOW that no single employee is mapped to more than 4 groups. So I am hoping to have the output with just 4 additional columns showing each group, transposed. I have attached an example, apologies I did not attach it before. 

Any help is truly appreciated! Trying to get ahead of a client and work some Alteryx magic 🙂 THANK YOU!

JulioMO
9 - Comet

Hi @CHolston32 

No problem! Here goes the new workflow. Let me know if it works for you. 

Regards

CHolston32
6 - Meteoroid

This is beautiful, I cannot thank you enough!! Worked perfectly. Thank you!!!!

Labels