Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Need help on difference between Cross-validation and model comparison

sriharimech
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All, 

I am wokring on a college project, we are using more than one predictive model and looking to choose the best. We have used Model Comparison and I read in few forums that Cross-Validaiton can also be used. 

Q1. I am using Alteryx Admin Designer Version: 2020.4.5.12471, could not find Cross-Validation tool in my Alteryx how to find it ?

Q2. What is the difference between Model Comparison and Cross-Validation ?

Q3. Any graph I drive in Alteryx to prove my model is not overfitting ?

Sorry for 3 questions in forum and thanks a ton in advance for your support. 

Thank You!

Sri Hari 

5 REPLIES 5
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @sriharimech,

I wasn't aware the tool like this actually exist. I have older version than yours and I don't have it as well.

According to https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/cross-validation-tool

you need to download the alteryx packages

Emil_Kos_0-1608108339786.png

It is worth to read the help tool maybe you will find answers that you are looking for.

sriharimech
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks Emil_Kos, 

My Alteryx as version is uptodate and I just downloaded it a month ago. Should I download again now ?

Thank You!

Sri Hari

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @sriharimech,

Do you have predictive tools package downloaded?

If yes I would reinstall Alteryx it. If that wouldn't help I would reach support support@alteryx.com

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @sriharimech,

Actually in help we see information that this tool is not automatically installed:

Emil_Kos_0-1608109842812.png

and you need to download it from gallery: 

http://gallery.alteryx.com/

Good luck!

sriharimech
6 - Meteoroid

Many thanks Emil_Kos yes I downloaded cross validation seperately and able to use it. 

Thank You!

Sri Hari

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels