Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Multi line analysis

DerikSadowski
8 - Asteroid

Hello Alteryx Community,

I want to do some comparisons across multiple rows of data, more than what I think the multi-row formula tool can handle but correct me if I am wrong. I have two columns A and (A)^2 for each row. I want to set up: if there is another department part of the same entity and on the same day, I want to get the other row's A (let's call B for the rest of this post to be more clear) and their (B)^2 to be able to have (A)^2, A*B, and (B)^2 on that first row then the same thing for C, D, etc. 

The problem is, there are potentially more than 130 departments a part of an Entity on one particular day.

This way I can compare one department's A and A^2 to EVERY other Department's value if they are on the same day and part of the same entity.

Thank you in advance for any thoughts and help you can provide.

3 REPLIES 3
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@DerikSadowski 
Maybe you can share a sample input and output so we can take a look. 😁

DerikSadowski
8 - Asteroid

Sure, I have attached some data. In terms of output, it would be something like:

DerikSadowski_0-1659406529901.png

But I will have to do some more analysis on it, so if you have a cleaner way of outputting it then I am all ears.

Kinga
8 - Asteroid

hi @DerikSadowski 

I'm not sure, if I understood you, but I tried to do something: 

Kinga_0-1659424570290.png

Labels