Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi-Row warning after second multi-row added?

brendafos
10 - Fireball

I have the typical spreadsheet which needs null values filled in from the above row.

There are two columns (next to each other) which I need to do copy down from above on.

The first column is type Double - and ID field:

if isnull([Visit ID]) then [Row-1:Visit ID] else [Visit ID] endif

I run this to a Browse and do NOT get any errors.

Then I add the next column fix - another Multi-Row:

if isnull([Disch Date]) then [Row-1:Disch Date] else [Disch Date] endif

When I run this I get an error about the first Multi-Row in the sequence about it resulting in a String... but it should remain a double.

Is this error really related to the first Multi-Row, or it the error on the second Multi-Row? 

multi-row error.png

Here's what I'm doing with the Select actions. But if I take it out I still get the error on the second Multi-Row.

select actions.png

Thanks for your help,

Brenda

6 REPLIES 6
jack_morgan
9 - Comet

Hey Brenda!

Can you take screenshots of the confiuration pane for both of your 2 multi-row formula? We could speculate on the issue but i think a little more information, such as the requested images, should help us out!

Jack

brendafos
10 - Fireball

Here you go.

multi-row config1.png

multi-row config2.png

jack_morgan
9 - Comet

Could there be a case where you a row and a row-1 had null or "" in them, if so. The field may be a number initally but then changing depeding on your input from your 1st tool. I'd throw in a select between the 2 to see if the field type is changing. That may help as the browse only shows you what's coming out, not the field type.

jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Second screenshot looks like you have Visit ID selected instead of Disch Date.

michael_treadwell
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

original.png

From this image that you posted, you have selected Update Existing Field and the field you have selected is [Visit ID]. Is this correct? Because in your formula it looks like you are trying to update the field [Disch Date].

Try changing [Visit ID] to [Disch Date] in the drop down near the top of your second Multi-Row formula tool.

EDIT: GAH! Dunkerley is too fast.

brendafos
10 - Fireball

Thanks.

This is my first time to use Multi-Row.

Labels