Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi-Row formula tool for two variables

LM_APAC2023
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

I have two variables (=list and net price) which are duplicated across several rows (= products) and I would like to only keep the first value per contract for each variable.

I was able to use to multi formula row to do so for one variable (=list price per contract), but struggle to do the same for the second variable (=net price per contract).

Is there a way for me to apply the Multi-Row tool across more than one variable?

Thanks! 

8 REPLIES 8
messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@LM_APAC2023,

Please see attached. I added anotation for each tool.

However with Multi-row you have to use 1 multi-row for each variable

messi007_0-1683616149791.png

Hope this helps!

Regards

LM_APAC2023
7 - Meteor

Hi Messi007

Thanks very much!

It works perfectly fine until the final 'Cross tab' step, in which I am unable to create the columns "Product_price' and 'Product_net price' as shown on below screenshot from your flow.

LM_APAC2023_0-1683623165428.png

What is the rationale in choosing the Group data and Aggregating values (i.e., what type of fields should I deselect in the data to group)?

LM_APAC2023_2-1683623296267.png

Thanks again!

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@LM_APAC2023 

Could you check the multi-row below :

messi007_0-1683633618954.png

Hope this helps!

Regards.

LM_APAC2023
7 - Meteor

Hi @messi007 

Yes, this part works fine and is creating the same output structure as per your example. The whole flow is working fine up until the final cross tab tool. 

I have a lot of variables (>400) with a mix of qualitative and quantitative variables. Do you I need to consider anything specific when selecting the 'group data' in the cross tab tool? 

Right now I am selecting all variables under 'Group data' and have only deselected Record ID, Name and Value like in your example.

Thanks a lot for your expert advice on this!! 

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@LM_APAC2023,

Please see below :

messi007_0-1683638181618.png

Attached the workflow,

Regards.

LM_APAC2023
7 - Meteor

Thanks a lot @messi007 

I seem to be missing some transactions in my output. Is there a way that I can add a unique identifier (means replace contract & SKU number) to my original data set and then run through the above steps? I believe my issue might be caused due to the fact that I am removing some list/net price entries along with the last cross tab tool which shouldn't be removed. 

Thanks so much again for your help!

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@LM_APAC2023,

Have tried to add the RecordId in the group by of the corss tab.

messi007_0-1683707846517.png

Best regards,

LM_APAC2023
7 - Meteor

Thank you very much!

It unfortunately still shows the same wrong results for me. 

Is there any other way / tools that could solve my problem? 

Thanks again

Labels