Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi Row Formula

Jeffrey2
5 - Atom

Hi,

I'm looking for a formula that will allow for formula that will find the account total and see whether it is open (yes or no) and copy this next to each individual account.

Have attached an excel file to show what I mean.

I've tried the following Multi Row Formula;

IF ([In Scope?]) ISNULL THEN = [Row-1:In Scope?] ELSE [Row+1:In Scope?] ENDIF

3 REPLIES 3
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @Jeffrey2 

Try IF IsNull([In Scope?]) THEN [Row-1:In Scope?] ELSE [Row+1:In Scope?] ENDIF

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Jeffrey2 ,

I'm not really sure, if a Multi-Row formula is the right approach. In my understanding, you want to find the row "Account Total" (in your sample file, the last one) and use the state for all rows of the account? The Multi-Row formula starts at first row and rows row by row, each one referencing the previous row, so using this approach in your sample only row 18 would receive the state "No" from the total row.

I would select the "Total" row, join this row to all rows of the respective account and transfer the state of the total row. I've attached a sample workflow.

Best regards

Roland

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I probably wouldn't go the multi-row method, instead i'd filter out for totals, remove the " total" text and join this back onto the original data set to give you the desired result.

image.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've attached the workflow for you to download if needed.

Regards,

Jonathan

Labels