Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi-Row Formula or Generate Rows?

joe_de_foleschampe
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I am attempting to create a quarterly time-series index that starts with 100. In Excel, I can start by multiplying 100 by a known factor and repeat row by row

where each index value is then multiplied by the next quarter's known factor:

Excel2.PNG

I have tried to do the same with a Multi-Row Formula and Generate Row but can't get it to iteratively loop through each quarter(row/record), perform the calc by starting with 100 in [tot_start} look for the known factor [tot_start] in the next +1 time period field [tret], in this case 1.0225 for the first calc, take that calculated value of 102.25, loop to the next known factor 1.0438 and multiply it by the previous result of 102.25 and then keep going through the entire time-series. 

Alteryx.PNG

Thanks for any help and insight you can provide!

2 REPLIES 2
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Something like this?

multirow.png

joe_de_foleschampe
7 - Meteor

Awesome! Thank you so much this works perfectly. 

I overcomplicated the conditional logic when I was initially using the Multi-Row tool and formula.

Have a great day!

Labels