Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Multi List Box Apps

roystanding
7 - Meteor

Afternoon,

Hoping to find some answers here. I'm designing an app at the moment that I'd like to offer the end users some options via list boxes. The first list box I have currently allows the user to select the relevant fields(Columns) they wish to see and the second I've been trying to implement would allow them to select the fields they wish to group on. Desirably, the "groups" would then be separated by tab. For instance, lets say column, A = names, column B = Birth dates, and Column C = hometown. Once they utilize the first list box to choose these three fields, the second list box, in theory, would allow them to group on column c and the tabs would be broken out from this grouping so that in the hypothetical case above, everyone sharing the same hometown in column C would be in one tab, and so on.

3 REPLIES 3
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

So you want the field selection from the first box to update the second box so they can select which (if any) fields to group by? If that's the case, you'll need to develop Chained Apps. Where the first List Box is in the first App, the selections are made, then that runs the second App, which can have the Listbox updated by the values selected in the first app. 

Does that sound like what you're trying to do?

roystanding
7 - Meteor

Charlie,

That sounds right to me. I'm unfortunately, unfamiliar with Chained Apps. Could you direct me to some documentation/helpful info regarding Chained Apps?

Thanks,

Roy

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Oh course! Here's the Interactive Lesson from the Academy:
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/Chaining-Analytic-Apps/ta-p/243120

Labels