Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi Column Calculation

RekhaS
7 - Meteor

Hi All

I need 1 help on calculating the total working hours for a financial year each month separately. Calculation total working days *  Productive Hours for a day. But i am not sure how i can do that for all months in one go. Right now i am using the attached method but looking for dynamic way of doing it. Please help.

4 REPLIES 4
caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

It’ll be much easier if you can provide some sample data… or export the Alteryx workflow to us as an Alteryx package here.

But if you want to do it yourself, use the Transpose and Cross-Tab tools to do the calculations on one field then pivot it to new columns. That’s much easier.

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi @RekhaS 

I think we need the source file to fully understand how we can make it dynamic. Suggest to attached the excel file and let us again know what you would like to do.

Thank,

Kamen

RekhaS
7 - Meteor

Here is the sample attached.

I have a Financial year wherein have to calculate the working hours of each employee for each month. 

Formula = Number of working days* Billable hours eg: if Jan23 then 21*7.3 = 153.3 but the number of working days changes as month changes for new year. My FY starts from July-JunFY. So now i am using formula tool to do this calculation 12 times for each month but i am looking for an option where it can be done in easiest way. Screenshot attached along with sample.

Screenshot 2023-08-14 220201.png

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@RekhaS One way of doing this

image.png

Labels