Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Moving data to another column formula help

shingrac
6 - Meteoroid

Hello! I wanted to move data from one column to another. I used the IFTHEN formula to do so, but I can't seem to quite get it right. 

The image below contains addresses. If an address does not start with a number like 440 Park Ave, I wanted to move that data to a field called "Vendor Notes." I tried using the IsInteger() as a part of the IFTHEN formula, but I was unsuccessful.

shingrac_0-1607453080767.png

All help is appreciated! Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @shingrac,

I used an IF/THEN formula to accomplish what you are trying to do.  Inside the REGEX_Match formula I isolated the first character of the Address field using a LEFT function, then determined if that character was a number ("\d").  If the formula was true (= -1) then the formula puts Null in the Vendor Notes field, otherwise it copies the data from the Address field.

Moving Data workflow.jpg

shingrac
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you so much @t_willins! And what would I do if I wanted the address field to then be empty after moving that data to the vendor notes field?

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @shingrac,

You can do this by adding another formula to update the Address field.  The first formula creates and updates the Vendor Notes field, and the second formula looks at the results of the first formula and updates the Address field accordingly.

Moving Data workflow v2.jpg

Labels