Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Month always in 2 digits instead of 1/2 digits

gbrouwer
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I try to create a textfield with the month in 2 digits, but I can't see what I should change in the formula. 

Required output (yy"M"mm):

18M01

18M02

18M03

18M10

18M11

18M12

I tried the following formula:

DateTimeFormat([Closing_Date],'%yM') + ToString(Ceil(ToNumber(DateTimeFormat([Closing_Date],'%m'))))

or this formula:

DateTimeFormat([Closing_Date],'%yM') + ToString(Ceil(ToNumber(DateTimeFormat([Closing_Date],'%mm'))))

Closing_Date is a regular datetime field.

Only with the above formula the month is now 1 (before October) or 2 digits.

18M1

18M2

18M3

18M10

18M11

18M12

Who can help me with the right formula?

Kind regards,

Geert

4 REPLIES 4
NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

You should actually be able to combine them into the same DateTime formula! Try this: DateTimeFormat([Closing_Date],"%yM%m")

Only those items preceded by the % will pull in the DateTime values, but the M in the middle, since it doesn't have a % in front, will just show up as the letter M. I think the ToString(Ceil part of your formula is what is resulting in the 1 digit month... if you don't include the ToString part, the formula DateTimeFormat([Closing_Date],"%m") in the second half of your original formula would also work.

Cheers,

NJ

jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Hi @gbrouwer,

This should do the trick:

DateTimeFormat([Closing_Date],'%yM')+
IF DateTimeMonth([Closing_Date])<10 THEN '0'+ToString(DateTimeMonth([Closing_Date]))
ELSE ToString(DateTimeMonth([Closing_Date]))
ENDIF

Quick example attached.

gbrouwer
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks.

Both solutions works.

Kind regards,

Geert

gbrouwer
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks.

Both solutions works.

When I see the solution... it was much easier then I was thinking.

Kind regards,

Geert

Labels