Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Missing values

Tomer123
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I have 2 kinds of files and i want to find a formula that say - group by X and sum. if you don't find X then group by Y and sum. 

the difference between the files is that one file has X column and the other has Y.

is that possible? 

Thanks in advance!

Tomer

4 REPLIES 4
FrederikE
13 - Pulsar

I am not sure if I understand correctly, maybe we need an example. 

You could just import the file without the header and then make sure that both files will have X or Y at the same position. This position (which will have a default name FieldX) can then be grouped via a summarize Tool. 

Tomer123
6 - Meteoroid

I've uploaded an example file within there are to tabs with the same data beside the column name (amount/total charge)

so i want to tell Alteryx, "if you can't find column named "Amount", go to column named "total charge", and SUM it

FrederikE
13 - Pulsar

@Tomer123 

2 Solutions in the attached WF, both should work. 

The 1st is static, if the column order or smth changes it won't work. 2nd will work ether way. 

Tomer123
6 - Meteoroid

Works! Thanks!!

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels