Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Missing Data - Input Data / Dynamic Input / Dynamic Rename

james_swanson
7 - Meteor

Hello Community!

My workflow contains 1 xlsx workbook with 16 tabs and I have successfully consolidated the tabs into the workflow from 1 input, however, we are missing rows of data from some tabs. What could I be missing in the configuration set up?

Here is the front end of the workflow design:

james_swanson_0-1666377484110.png

Input configured to list sheet names:

james_swanson_1-1666377562083.png

Dynamic Input tool configuration:

james_swanson_2-1666377592311.png

Dynamic Rename configuration:

james_swanson_3-1666377626108.png

Looking forward to your input!!

7 REPLIES 7
ckaushik001
6 - Meteoroid

@james_swanson , if the number, order, position and names of the columns are same in all the sheets in your excel file, you can safely remove the Dynamic Rename tool. Headers will be picked automatically by the Dynamic Input tool as per your current configuration. There is no need to use Dynamic Rename tool.

Also, ensure you're using the correct input data source template in the Dynamic Input tool. It should be one of the sheets in your file.

Check the attached sample workflow.

Thanks!

Chanda

james_swanson
7 - Meteor

Thank you @ckaushik001 ! I see your point, however, I was using dynamic rename to rename column headers from row 1. What would you recommend using to replace the column headers in place of the dynamic renaming tool?

james_swanson
7 - Meteor

Also @ckaushik001  putting the row 1 column headers aside, with the dynamic input tool I am still missing rows from some tabs... 🤔

ckaushik001
6 - Meteoroid

@james_swanson , can you please share some sample dummy data or workflow to investigate further?

james_swanson
7 - Meteor

@ckaushik001 sure thing! Thank you in advance

Input file - Forecast (sample ID 501415 is the key ID that is missing in this workflow, although it appears under tab MATT on Row 111)

Workflow - Generates consolidated information from all tabs but missing ID 501415

james_swanson
7 - Meteor

Figured it out - it was not configured correctly in the Dynamic Input tool. I selected a template that had fewer rows than a few other Tabs and my start data input value was incorrect. Once I aligned this, the data pulled in full!

Thank you @ckaushik001 and @acarter881 for the assist!

acarter881
12 - Quasar

Great to hear @james_swanson. You're welcome.

Labels