Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Manually overwrite input data

peterlyngvig
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I import data from a 3rd party database. Occasionally, there are errors in the dataset. See table 1 and table 2 below in the picture. Now, I would like to be able to correct this using Alteryx. I could do this using a Formula tool, Replace & Find or similar, but wonder if there is a smarter way. I.e. is there a tool, where I could input something like table 3, which highlights ID#, which column to be corrected as well as the value to overwrite with. What would be the smartest / most efficient way to do this in Alteryx?

Skærmbillede 2024-02-28 205014.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
JBO
8 - Asteroid

Do you usually only have a few you need to correct? If yes, I would just use a simple conditional statement in the formula tool:

Forum Screenshot.JPG

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @peterlyngvig 
There can be multiple ways to do this but I have tried it with join tool to get the desired output.
Try the below workflow and let me know if it worked for you or not.
Thanks

Sapna Gupta
peterlyngvig
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks!

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels