Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Macro issues with "Field schema changed between iterations"

cq
5 - Atom

Hello,

I ran into an error which says "the field schema for the output changed between iterations” when I was running a macro to process two excel files. The structure and field types seem to be same between these two, and the only difference is the fiscal year (FY17 vs. FY18). I'm not sure why it says Field schema changed. I've attached the Alteryx workflows and source files - could someone take a look and let me know what went wrong? Thanks in advance!

cq_0-1589527990725.png

14 REPLIES 14
jasperlch
12 - Quasar

Hi @cq 

The cause of the errors is that the number of columns or names of column headers (thus, the schema) are different between iterations.

You could fix this by

1. Open your macro

2. Select your Macro Output tool

3. on the Interface Designer panel, click on the Properties icon

4. Update the Output Mode to 'Auto Configure by Name' 

Capture3.PNG

The results will then be 'unioned' 

cq
5 - Atom

Hi @

jarrod
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @cq,

As a leader in the Alteryx Community, I have the ability to identify & mark accepted solutions on behalf of community members - and recently did so on this thread. If you have any questions or concerns with the solution(s) I selected please let me know by replying to this post.

i do want to point out that you don't necessarily need to do step 2 (don't need to select the macro output tool) - just go to Interface designer, then click on cog to change the output mode to Auto Configure by Name. I tested @jasperlch's solution and it worked for me as stated, so i've marked it as the answer.

As the original author, you also have the ability to mark replies as solutions! Going forward, I’d encourage you to identify the solution or solutions that helped you solve your problem, as it's a big help to other community members. Learn more about Accepted Solutions here.

Thank you!

jasperlch
12 - Quasar

Hi @cq 

For some reasons I cannot see your screenshots. Would you mind uploading it again?

nhunter
7 - Meteor

This problem has occured when loading several files within a macro and one or more of them contained only the header row and no data. I have tried a number of permutations of input / dynamic input / dynamic rename tools but I have not yet figured out how to fix the problem.

This worked perfectly for me, thank you!

anhvolmer
5 - Atom

I am operating under Version 2022.1.1.42590, and getting to the Properties panel wasn't obvious. In case anyone else is wondering: To get to the properties option to fix the "schema mix-match problem" I had to first make sure the Interface Designer is active:
View> Select: Interface Designer (Ctrl+Alt+D) > Click on the Properties Icon > Update the Output Mode to 'Auto Configure by Name'.

champybh
7 - Meteor

@cq experiencing the same exact issue where "Auto Configure By Name" only results in one row of output when thousands of records should be returned. this issue is driving me nuts! 

jlowe1
5 - Atom

I am having the same issue - only one row is outputting! Did you find a solution for this? thanks in advance!

Labels