Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Macro Input Error

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi Community ,

I have the error as shown below after running the macro and would like to ask how should we fix that?

Jacob_94_0-1616003009987.png

7 REPLIES 7
clmc9601
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @SH_94,

Try making sure that the end of your filepaths are exactly as follows:

Book5.xlsb|`Sheet1$`

A single pipe (|) and backticks (`) not apostrophes ('). I made these changes in the text input tool and formula tool on the lower datastream in your workflow. The automatically imported one from the upper macro worked as expected. I hope this helps!

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @SH_94 ,

It appears you're trying to open an Excel file with the sheet name "Sheet1$" which does not exist.

Try dropping the $ from the fullpath formula.

M.

Bulien

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @SH_94 ,

If you're trying to load in multiple sheets with different tab names, I've attached a couple of macros and an example for you.

M

Bulien

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @mceleavey ,

The file name actually automatically given in the alteryx. Can i just confirm that normally we will still need to check and update accordingly?

Thank you.

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @clmc9601 ,

May i know how we should rename the path and update it accordingly so that no error coming out ?

As i always fill the replace string column with the data obtained from screenshot below .

Jacob_94_0-1616018054615.png

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @mceleavey ,

Thank you for the macro files shared. Can you briefly explain in what circumstances, i need to use the macro that you have shared?

Or i need to use these three files together?

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @SH_94 ,

If you look at the example workflow you will see how it works.

The first retrieves the sheet names, which you can then filter out accordingly. This then builds the fullpath and loads them all in using the second macro.

M.

Bulien

Labels