Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Loop through columns

Chirag_Gandhi07
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone,

I have attached a sample excel file that contains emails and titles as columns. I want to break this down to only display two records each which can be done with the recordID tool and the filter tool. The issue is that when I output them to only display two records each, they show all the columns in the dataset. How do I make it so that only the columns with a value for each email appears? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

16 REPLIES 16
Chirag_Gandhi07
8 - Asteroid

Chirag_Gandhi07
8 - Asteroid

Chirag_Gandhi07
8 - Asteroid

@AmeliaG When I add the multi-row formula to my workflow along with the summarize tool, it output Batch 1 all the way to Batch 3589. Shouldn't there only be 24 batches because each batch contains 150 records?

AmeliaG
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Chirag_Gandhi07,

Are you using the same formula I used in my workflow?

IF [RecordID]=1 OR mod([RecordID],150)=0 THEN [Row-1:BatchNum]+1 ELSE [Row-1:BatchNum] ENDIF

This will increment every 150 records. 

Thanks,

Amelia

Chirag_Gandhi07
8 - Asteroid

@AmeliaG Yes I did. I have attached a screenshot of the output. I have 3589 records, but only 3566 are displayed. Not sure why.

Chirag_Gandhi07
8 - Asteroid

@AmeliaG I added a formula tool and categorized them by 150 records. 1-150 is Batch 1 and 151-300 is Batch 2 and so on till Batch 24. I guess that would work with the macro?

AmeliaG
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Chirag_Gandhi07,

Can you please share your workflow? To share the workflow with the macro set up, go to options > export workflow. This will create a yxzp file (workflow zip file). Please send this file to me and I can take a look. 

Thanks!

Amelia

Labels