Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Lookbehind/lookahead function Regex in Formula tool

lledl
7 - Meteor

I have a list of email addresses but the data itself is dirty; there are dots,underscores etc appended to the end of email addresses. Example: 1-)alex@gmail.com___ 2-)alex@yahoo.co.uk... 3-)alex@hotmail.com----- 4-)alex@gmail.com  so what I would like to do is to use lookbehind/lookahead function and starting from the first alphanumeric character from the end point take left hand side as a group..In other words, alex@gmail.com___ becomes alex@gmail.com, alex@yahoo.co.uk... becomes alex@yahoo.co.uk

I was able to do it with other ways, but I'm specifically looking lookbehind/lookahead function with FORMULA module (or something else where I can read the field backwards and starting from the first alphanumeric value grouping left handside.

Thank you for your help

3 REPLIES 3
RodL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Without commenting on any of the logic, just want to point out there is a ReverseString function in the Formula tool.

lledl
7 - Meteor

what i was looking for...thanks

jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

If you would like to do with REGEX. I think:

REGEX_Replace([Field1], "(.+[[:alpha:]])([^[:alpha:]]*)", "$1")

will do what you need.

Matches up to last alpha character into $1 and non-alpha characters get removed.

Labels