Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Locating conversions errors

Hamder83
11 - Bolide

Hi 

I often load several excel files into one big file. And because some of the input material is created manually, there is a difference in field types, using dot or comma. And many other issues.

So if I blend loads of files i get different conversions errors.

But either I just dont know how to do it correctly, but identifying which lines is the issue?

Ive created a sample issue:

Hamder83_0-1640090837230.png

Is there any easy way to filter out lines with conversion errors?

Thanks in advance, 

3 REPLIES 3
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Hamder83 , if order number is expected to be numeric, you could put a filter before the select tool throwing these errors that is isinteger([order_number])

That will check if the the value can be converted to a number, although typically I see order numbers stored as text values for this exact reason. 

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Hamder83 ,

this is because you're trying to apply a numeric format (fixed decimal) to a non-numeric field.

To isolate the rows where non-numeric figures occur, use regex and a filter:

mceleavey_0-1640093437438.png

Workflow attached.

I hope this helps,

M.

Bulien

Hamder83
11 - Bolide

h of your ideas worked, so thank you very much. Luke will get the credit simply because he replied the fastest 🙂 

Labels