Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Join or Union multiple data

allwynbazil
8 - Asteroid

Team,

I need to union or join the data from multiple connections(The data from 9 summarize anchors). All the connections have the same columns. However, all the connections will not have data all the time. In this scenario, Union or Join Multiple is not working as expected, and the output is 0. The union or Join Multiple expects the data from all the connections. Is there a way to fix it, or is any other workaround available?

Regards,

Alwin

15 REPLIES 15
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@allwynbazil I was testing your scenario and I found that even though there are no records the summarise tool returns with headings, because of that the union tool is not failing. In your case what is happening? are you passing a blank file without a heading?

allwynbazil
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs  Thanks for checking. I am still trying various ways and have not yet fixed the issue. Since there is no data, there will be no heading as well. I am trying with Generate Rows tool and will update you soon.

Regards,

Alwin

allwynbazil
8 - Asteroid

I tried with count records along with Generate Rows. It is not working. As long as one of the connections is empty, the union won't work. How do I create headings or rows out of the empty connection?

allwynbazil_0-1676445397788.png

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@allwynbazil can you share some sample input similar to the files you are using as input to your workflow, the one with data and the other with no data

allwynbazil
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs Union at least requires the column headers to join the data. I found the area in the workflow where there is no data and inject the dummy columns to resolve the issue. It works fine now. Appreciate your support.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@allwynbazil great!!

Labels