Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Join Tool HELP PLEASE

DonnaFazio
6 - Meteoroid

How do I get my data on the left side of the join tool to only show in the left side of my output? And the right side to only show up on the right side? I have added record id's to each data source. Left data source record id's start at 1. The right side starts at 4,000,000.

3 REPLIES 3
binuacs
21 - Polaris

@DonnaFazio Add a filter tool with the condition [Record ID] < 4000000

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

You can add a Formula Tool on each output (L, J, R) and name it 'Output Area' - name it 'L', 'J', and 'R' accordingly. Then you can filter however you want. 

Or you can try @binuacs's method - though that is not as dynamic because if your record count changes, then you have to change the number to compare against.

Hope this helps @DonnaFazio !

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
ChrisWaspe
9 - Comet

Hi @DonnaFazio . If the above solutions don't provide you with what you need, could you please provide a bit more detail on your goal? I see you have tagged fuzzy matching. The fuzz matching tool is great, but does require a bit of work. It seems like what you are doing is the first step, to join the data on exact matches, then fuzzy match the rest. If I understand the problem correctly, you are unioning the incorrect data to fuzzy match. Therefore, please reach out to me if I am on the right track at all.

Labels