Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

JSON File update a field and save again as json.

sreejithmp
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I have a json file and needs to update a field in that for every id . I have read the file and spited in to columns but after updating how can we merge all the data in to the same Jason as before with updated that column. Can you help me please. Json file has some meta data information first and last.

11 REPLIES 11
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hi @sreejithmp 

Please can you attach your workflow so far, and your data if possible, so that we can more easily troubleshoot for you?

Thanks,
TheOC

Bulien
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @sreejithmp 

Can you provide some sample input and expected output It will help us get a better understanding of the usecase.

We will be happy to help : )

sreejithmp
8 - Asteroid

Here for each id i have an updated name from another file. needs to save the file as same as before with updated name for corresponding id.

sreejithmp
8 - Asteroid

Added please find above . Due to data privacy i can not upload the original one so sample attached.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @sreejithmp 

How are we updating is there any logic or another file?

sreejithmp
8 - Asteroid

For each id we have a file with ID,Name and from this file we need to update name corresponding to id and save in same  json format.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @sreejithmp 

Can you explain one with an example sorry I am not clear about the logic that needs to be applied 😅

Happy to help : )

sreejithmp
8 - Asteroid

Please find. Thank you .

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @sreejithmp 

Here is how you can do it.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1646053878664.png

Hope this helps : )