We’ve extended Inspire Early Bird Pricing until March 1. Register now and enjoy 20% off conference passes and 10% off training passes. P.S. Don’t forget to bring friends! When you sign up for five or more tickets, you get an extra 20% discount on conference passes. Learn more now.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Iterative Macro: Error - "more than 16 records in the source"

Iasnovskii
5 - Atom

Hi there

 

I've built an iterative macro which needs to run more than 16 rows of data in one iteration. However, I always get an error saying that "Iteration #... - There are more than 16 records in the source". Is there any way to resolve this?

 

I know that you may increase the number of iterations, but I don't know how to increase the number of rows that the macro takes in one iteration.

 

Would be very grateful for any advice.

 

Kind regards,

Dima

5 REPLIES 5
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @Iasnovskii 

 

Do you happen to have an append tool within your macro? If so, check the drop down to allow all appends.

 

Hope this helps!

Iasnovskii
5 - Atom

Hello Kenda

 

Thanks so much!! This worked! I completely forgot about this Append tool in the Macro.

 

Thank you!

 

Kind regards,

Dima

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

There is no limit on the number of records you can run through an iterative macro.

 

I'm guessing you have an append fields in the macro. This is automatically set to error if there are more than 16 records, because you could accidentally misconfigure and the workflow would run for awhile and generate a ton of extra rows! If you do need to append more than 16 records, change the setting to either warn or allow all appends.

 

Hope this helps!

 

echuong1_0-1608751308658.png

 

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Iasnovskii 

As a leader in the Alteryx Community, I have the ability to identify & mark accepted solutions on behalf of community members - and recently did so on this thread. If you have any questions or concerns with the solution(s) I selected please let me know by replying to this post.

As the original author, you also have the ability to mark replies as solutions! Going forward, I’d encourage you to identify the solution or solutions that helped you solve your problem, as it's a big help to other community members. Learn more about Accepted Solutions here.

Thank you!

Dan

Undertak
6 - Meteoroid

I am having a problem that seems similar to this, but does NOT involve explicit use of the Append tool.  It DOES involve the macro only working for 16 records.

 

I have a macro that uses the SharePoint Files Input tool to read specific tabs of specific files.  There are 51 tabs across 4 files, so 51 records are being supplied to the tool.

 

The first 16 records process as expected, but records 17-51 all fail with an error message of "Record #xx: Tool #1: Failed to authenticate."  FWIW, records 1-6 are different tabs of the same file, 7-14 are different tabs of the same file, 15-22 are different tabs of the same file, and 23-51 are different tabs of the same file.  This is weird that the authentication seems to break in the middle of reading the same file (i.e., records 15 and 16 succeed, yet the other 6 fail).

 

I initially suspected that maybe I was trying to read SharePoint too quickly and added in throttling, but that didn't appear to have any affect other than make the entire process much slower before it presented me with the errors.

Labels