Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Issue with SFTP Transfer

AlterIT
8 - Asteroid

I am trying to transfer do an SFTP transfer using Alteryx. I am referring following article to do this (It basically convert my source file into chunks of Blob files and using Download tool it transfer the file into destination). However when I transfer the files I can see only one file in the Target even though it created 3 files out of Blob input tool. Since my original file is around 3 GB I am splitting Blob into chunks of 1GB each. After running the workflow I can see only last chunk in the Target. 

Not exactly sure what I am missing from transferring the entire file into Target or at least I am not able to see 3 chunks I am transferring .

Here is the Article I am referring to implement this: (I am referring to method 1)

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Upload-to-SFTP-FTP/tac-p/792000#M66...

Some screenshots:

Overall Workflow:

AlterIT_0-1627323347629.png

Blob Input Tool:

AlterIT_1-1627323488400.png

Download Tool (Basic Tab):

AlterIT_2-1627323713399.png

Download Tool (Payload Tab)

AlterIT_3-1627323776048.png

5 REPLIES 5
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @AlterIT ,

It seems you configured everything as it should. The only thing I can think of is related to your SFTP filenames, it can't have all the same name.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

AlterIT
8 - Asteroid

Interesting insight, my only concern is how can I name each chunks into unique names. Will this option in Download tool could work ? Right now I am using the option Output > String , Not sure how can I get this implemented into multiple files.

Download Tool:

AlterIT_0-1627327744463.png

Here is how my Address field looks in the Text Input Tool

AlterIT_1-1627327805182.png

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Might be worth leveraging a record ID tool followed by a formula to make a unique file name that increments

AlterIT
8 - Asteroid

That sounds a solution, Any examples would be helpful 

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @AlterIT ,

Here is a suggestion for you. 

Note that you can replace your filename column, but be aware of the column size to not truncate your new path.

This will create 3 files on your ftp server that needs to be combined into a single one later.

fmvizcaino_0-1627330650652.png

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Labels