Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Is there One Tool in Alteryx to Move Data from One Database to Another Database Without ?

sxa445
7 - Meteor

I am moving large records of data from one database to another database for processing, is there a single tool in Alteryx to accomplish this? In_DB operation/moving data from Database1 to Database2? Otherwise Data Stream Out and Data Stream In appears to be my only option and it is quite a slow one. I have attached a screenshot of what I have now. Thank you 

1 REPLY 1
cpet13
11 - Bolide

@sxa445 we have many workflow that are doing this in my organization. The only way we have been able to do it is by having an input data tool connected to the first database, then an output data tool connected to the second database. I am not aware of any other way to do this.

One thing to note as you are moving a lot of data - after the initial input data tool, you may need to use a select tool to cast your fields to a smaller size before writing the data out to the second database. Alteryx will sometimes automatically cast one/multiple of your string fields to a very large and unneeded size (16 million, etc.) Writing a string with that size to your second database will cause the workflow to take a very long time.

Labels