Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
解決済み

Is it possible to filter out and create a new column Based on that

Kinetic_analytics
ボリード

Hello:

For the ollowing information, I want to create a Column based on all Expense and the another column is based on Net_AnL . Then I want to deduct (Expense- Net_anL)

AmountAccount Type
-385314Net_AnL
45862Expense
-59875Net_AnL
-587Expense
74981Expense
651779Expense
981872Net_AnL
19074777Expense
19601074Net_AnL
5561118Net_AnL

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

7件の返信7
Felipe_Ribeir0
ネビュラ

Hi @Kinetic_analytics 

Not sure if it is it, please confirm if i understood correctly.

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1667838229563.png

Kinetic_analytics
ボリード

Do you mind to attach the workflow for me? Thanks

DataNath
キャスター

As you already have the necessary categories in the data itself, you can just cross-tab to get the headers and the aggregated values that correspond to them which Alteryx needs for deductions because formulas work on a row level. After that, it's just a simple subtraction within the formula tool:

DataNath_0-1667838312462.png

Felipe_Ribeir0
ネビュラ

Hi @Kinetic_analytics 

Please check it again.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Kinetic_analytics,

You can group by account type and sum the amounts using the Summarize tool then pivot the data using the crosstab tool then do your formula using the formula tool:

Expenses.gif

This solution uses the cross tab tool which can be hard to understand to new users. I would recommend checking out the community Getting-Started-Learning-Path for some context on how they work: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Learning-Paths/Getting-Started-Learning-Path/ta-p/475117#done

Any questions or issues please ask

Ira Watt
Technical Consultant
Watt@Bulien.com 

BrandonKO
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

From how I'm understanding your question, you will want to use the Crosstab tool to pivot the data. Your "Account Type" will be the Column Headers, and the "Amount" will be the Values for New Columns. Then you would use a formula tool to calculate the difference between each column.  

Kinetic_analytics
ボリード

Thank You. I really Appreciate all of your help. What a nice community.

投票
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
ラベル