Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Interactive charting tool

MHS
8 - Asteroid

Hello Alteryx Community!

I ran into a reporting issue that I am hoping someone in the universe can assist with.  I am attempting to create a multiple layer line graph and am running into an issue that I am unable to figure out.  When I have one layer entered into the charting tool everything looks good with the correct values populating on the Y axis with the line connecting between all the X values, but when I enter a second layer into the tool everything changes with the Y values not being accurate and the line graph taking on an ascending nature.  I am sure there is a solution in the configurations of the axes or charting tools that someone knows of.  Thanks for the help!

MHS_0-1658524455435.pngMHS_1-1658524470216.png

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @MHS 

I think you will need to make sure that your data columns are coming thru as numbers instead of text so it gets scaled correctly.

This is what I got when I change the data to double. Is this what you are looking for?

christine_assaad_0-1658528490907.pngchristine_assaad_1-1658528520520.png

Cheers!

MHS
8 - Asteroid

Hi Christine, 

Thank you for the help!  Changed the data type and everything else fell in line with the graph.

Matt

Labels