Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Interactive Output of Field Summary tool not working

yijie969696
6 - Meteoroid

Hello. I tried to testing out the Field Summary tool of a dataset. However, the interactive output does not appear to be working. Wondering if there is a solution to this. All my settings are in default.

yijie969696_0-1592314301549.png

6 REPLIES 6
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

There is a known bug with the interactive outputs of some tools in the latest release. Our product and development teams are working on this, but in the meantime, you can install a previous version of Designer by going to downloads.alteryx.com.

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @yijie969696 - There is a workaround and you can get the I-report running.

1. Open the tool macro.

ArtApa_0-1594805667191.png

2. Press Ctr+S to identify its location folder on your disc.

ArtApa_1-1594805697676.png

3. Find this folder using Windows Explorer and change the property of the folder from Read Only to Read/Write.

4. Find the Report Text tool in the macro and uncheck Validate PCXML box as shown below:

ArtApa_2-1594805723584.png

5. Save the macro

6. Change the property of the folder back from Read/Write to Read Only

Enjoy.

nchisler
5 - Atom

Thank you!! This worked! Do you know if there is a similar work around for the Field Summary tool? I tried to follow your instructions for it as well, but I'm not sure about step 4. The workflow is more complicated, and I don't want to mess anything up. 

Thanks again!

mike_w
8 - Asteroid

Hello @echuong1 do you have any idea when the feature will work again? I have the latest version of Alteryx installed, and I recently started to learn about Predictive Analytics (after passing the Core Exam), and ran into this error regarding the interactive output of the Field Summary tool not working.

Will a fix be rolled out with the next version of Alteryx Designer, or could there be minor bugfixes in the near future? I don't really want to re-install an older version of Alteryx: aside from the time factor I also appreciate the improvements of the most recent version. 

Will appreciate any commenting on this issue; does anybody know a quick workaround regarding the tools' functionality? 

thank you !

jsenk
7 - Meteor

There was an Alteryx update on 09/01/20. If you download the new update, it has fixed the Interactive issues. 

gffcoutinho
7 - Meteor

I'm using the Help > Check for Updates and it says I have the most up-to-date version, but I also have issues with the interactive report of the Field Summary tool. My version is 2020.2.3.27789.

Labels