Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Install readr library package for R

mkeiffer
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone,

I am trying to run a workflow in Alteryx that is making use of the R tool and also references the library package: readr.  However the readr package did not get installed when I installed the R Predictive tools with Alteryx.

I have tried running the Alteryx workflow that installs the different R packages, but this did not fix the issue.

Can anyone help me install the readr library package for the R tool in Alteryx?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Mike

3 REPLIES 3
Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

Hi @mkeiffer ,

In addition to my post to another thread below;

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/Use-of-Large-CSV-Files-with-Da...

If you are familiar with R command line interface, you may want to;

run R.exe under "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\R-x.x.x\bin", and

try to install readr according to https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/readr/readme/README.html.

As it depends on the environment of each user, please do it at your own risk. Good luck.

mkeiffer
8 - Asteroid

@Yoshiro_Fujimori  I am intrigued by this solution with running and installing R.  At this point, I have not installed R on my computer, just the R components that have been installed by Alteryx.  So it sounds like my first approach would be installing R on my computer, outside of Alteryx, correct?

Thank you again for your help!

mkeiffer
8 - Asteroid

@Yoshiro_Fujimori  This solution did the trick and I was able to successfully install the readr package for the R tool and I was successful at getting it to read my source data files.  Thank you so much again for all of your great help!

Mike

Labels