Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Inserting the Worksheet to Another File

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi,

I have multiple excel files and I wanted to insert the sheets into one excel file. The sheets varies since some are templated. Below sample file, can I ask your help on how I can insert the sheets coming from Control.xlsx to Financial sample.xlsx. The output (Financial sample) should now be consisting for 3 worksheets namely, Finance, Employee and Controller SbL.

Looking forward for your ideas on this.

Kamen

5 REPLIES 5
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@KamenRider Write Financial data to Control file, that way you can keep your formatting without affecting anything

image.png

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

HI @binuacs 

Thanks for the response. In the example I gave - Finance Sample has two sheets. When I run the workflow you give, the other sheet (Employee) is missing. It gives me two sheets only namely the Controler SbL and Finance.

xxx.PNG

In my original file which is also the output file, I have multiple worksheets inserted. The filename produced is with date like for example Finance Sample_02-29-24_Sample Report.xlsx. And I would like the Control file to be added.

Please advise how I am going to do it.

Thanks and looking forward for your help.

Kamen

nagakavyasri
12 - Quasar

@KamenRider  if you have few sheets to be moved, you can repeat the above process for Employee sheet as well.

Since the Control file has formatted data we are following this approach, else we would copy the Control file to Financial Sample by taking Control file as input & Financial Sample as output.

Screenshot 2024-02-28 135859.png

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@KamenRider you can add the Financial sample file and select the employee tab, which is similar to the workflow I provided, you can put all in one workflow 

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi @binuacs  @nagakavyasri 

Is it possible vice versa? Instead of Financial sample is the input file, let it be the Control file? I have multiple worksheets where some of it are formatted in table form. I noticed that the formatted style disappear aside from I have to select each sheets to combine by tabs to form into one file.

Please advise and let me know if you have any questions.

Kamen

Labels